Asset Maintenance Services for Corridor Infrastructure
Centrogen provides asset maintenance services to minimise impacts of vegetation on infrastructure, enhance safety, maintain essential services and preserve structures along road, rail and other corridors.
Road Corridor Asset Maintenance
Centrogen undertakes the management of vegetation in road corridors to reduce risks to public safety and visibility, control weeds and maintain roadside infrastructure and rest areas. Techniques and equipment employed include:
- Roadside slashing
- Mowing (using reach arm or remote controlled slashing equipment for use on slopes)
- Burning for hazard reduction
- Foliar spraying
- Brush cutting
Centrogen compliments these programs with specific asset management services including:
- Litter collection and disposal
- Maintenance of rest area amenities
- Maintenance of advertising infrastructure surrounds (e.g. billboards)
Rail Corridor Asset Maintenance
Centrogen has many years’ experience managing vegetation along railways. We service rail corridors in New South Wales, Queensland and the Northern Territory, including electrified metropolitan areas, industrial, cane and country rail networks.
Maintenance is undertaken on and off track using hi-rail trucks and suitable all-terrain vehicles including:
- Maintaining formation and ballast areas free from vegetation across the rail network
- On-track herbicide boom spraying of formation and cess areas
- Off track spot spraying of vegetation impeding line of sight
- Vegetation control at level crossings, sidings, loops and apexes
- Granular herbicide application
- Aerial herbicide spraying
- Corridor slashing
- Pruning and lopping
Pipeline, electricity and telecommunications asset maintenance
Centrogen undertakes asset maintenance of water, gas and other pipelines along with electricity and telecommunications infrastructure in urban and rural environments in New South Wales, the Northern Territory and Queensland.
- Woody vegetation control
- Boom and spot spraying of herbicide
- Aerial herbicide application
Work areas are accessed using 4×4 and all-terrain vehicles as appropriate.
See also – Weed Management in Corridors